Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Fire Genie remote control does not always shut the stove

Customer Question

Customer: My Fire Genie remote control does not always shut the stove down at the designated temperature. It has worked well in the past and I replaced the batteries. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I noticed an area on the left side of the remote face was discolored---this color disappeared when the stove cooled.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you can send me a few photos that will help

Use the paper clip icon at the top right end of the tool bar or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button for that.

We can go from there.