Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers
Hi Irv, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!
There are several ways we can go about determining a suitable replacement for you. If you can answer as many of the following questions, I'm sure I can help you find what you're looking for.
1) Are you looking for an exact replacement of the same brand and model?
2) If not yes to 1, are there certain features you need?
3) What type heating/cooling equipment do you have? E.G. gas or oil furnace with or without ac, ac only, heating only, heat pump, hot water or steam boiler with or without ac?
4) What price range are you looking to spend?
5) Will you be replacing the thermostat yourself?
Ok thanks for the clarification. Let me see what I can find out and I'll be back shortly.
There are still many models of the Ritetemp thermstats in the 8000 series available. Any one of them would work in a heating only application such as yours. If you take the front off the thermostat, you may be able to find a more identifying model number. Or, if you can snap a picture of it and upload it using the 'Attach Files' button in the dialog box where you type messages to me, I can lead you to some links of the comparable model.
Very good then! Thanks for using Just Answer :)