airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a carrier 50ZP-030-311 Air Cond Unit, Serial

Customer Question

I have a carrier 50ZP-030-311 Air Cond Unit, Serial 4099G42318 (last number may be a "B")
Need to know if I can install a heat strip in this unit, are the heat strips available, and are other parts still available for this unit? Also about how old is this unit???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

THese units were designed to add a heat kit.Give me a few moments to do some research to see what is available .

Below is a link to the manual showing acceptable heat kits for the unit. Open link and scroll down to page 4.

http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1009/Public/0F/50ZP-1PD.pdf

Depending on how many KW of heat you want, you can Google those part numbers to find the kit needed.

The 10KW shows available from PLC. See this link.

http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/CARRIER/CPHEATER039A00

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok

Let me know that you were able to open links and if this is information you needed.