HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Intertherm Furnace M3RL080A BW 90+ model furnace, just

Customer Question

Customer: Intertherm Furnace M3RL080A BW 90+ model furnace, just started a Pressure Switch Open W Inducer On code. Getting Ready to start snowing. Would like to fix it. Ideas on Where to Start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I got home from work, the Blower motor seemed warm so it was working, but now I shut the unit off, for about 1 hour to allow it to cool down and vaccumed the dust out of it. Turned down the thermostat and turned the unit on, without using the Thermostat to set at high enough level to start the furnace, still flashes the blink code for the Pressure switch open with inducer on code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah, for a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

So the code still stays on and it never resets to run correct? If so you have a bad board. You can shut the power off to the unit for 30 secs, turn it back on and if the inducer does not power up and that code comes up instantly you have a bad board. Very common..if the inducer does power you may have a bad inducer motor.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks