Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Need help changing my 2 line gh voltage thermostat to low

Customer Question

Hi Need help changing my 2 line high voltage thermostat to low voltage one for my oil based floor board heating system
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have two wires on my Thermostat. One is Yellow which is line (hot wire) and another one is black which I believe is Load and doesn't have any power. My current thermostat is a LUX ELV1 like the one shown here http://www.greenoptions.com/products/lux-elv1-thermostat
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I bought this Venstar ACC0436 kit with relay to change it to an Emerson Sensii Thermostat. I followed the instructions to install but it didnt work. Linke to the converter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00755BZZCpsc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

What do you have for a boiler? brand and model please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Rick, I think its honeywell but where can I find the brand and model? Thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

It's not a Honeywell. Honeywell doesn't make boilers. You might have a Honeywel control (or 2) on the boiler but that's all. There should be a rating plate/tag on the boiler with the model number. If not I need you to remove the cover from the Honeywell control on the side of the boiler (not the burner) and give me a picture of the wiring connections inside. Actually I could use that picture even if you can give me the brand and model of the boiler. You can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK will tonight when I get home. I am at work now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your quick response
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I'll get back to you as soon as I can

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK many thanks.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Please don't respond again until you have the info I need. I have to answer every one of your posts

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, here are the pictures you requested. Hope the pictures are clear. From what I can tell it's PB oil boiler wbv-03-080w
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the pics but none of them are what I asked for. I need you to remove the cover on the gray Honeywell control box that mounted on the front of the boiler (top left) and give me a picture of the inside so I can see the electrical connections. Also how many thermostats do you have? from what I can see in the pics you should have at least 3

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK here you go. Let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have two thermostats. One for the living room and one for the bedroom.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

You're pictures don't help. I asked for a picture showing the connections inside the control. The angle of your picture doesn't show me any of the connections in the control. The pic of the junction box doesn't help now maybe it will later. I also asked about your other thermostats. Please answer that question as well. What I see indicates to me that you should have 3 thermostats not 2 unless you have an indirect fired water heater. I also need to know what you have for pump relays (brand and model) and a picture of the connections in the relay(s). The pump wire/cable is connected to the relay(s)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, I'll try again. Here are the pics
1st : Photo of the control panel from outside.
2nd: Photo indicating the model of the control panel from inside the lid
3rd: Wiring diagram of the control panel from inside the lid
4th: photo of the actual wiring.I have two thermostats.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Still not what I need. I need to see the actual wiring connections inside the control not a wiring diagram. And I also need to know what you have for pump relays and the wiring connections inside the relay(s). An overall picture of the boiler and surrounding piping might also help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK here's the overall picture. Perhaps you can point me where to look specifically.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi can someone please help me out with this. Or is there no hope?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.