Brian Horton
Brian Horton,
Experience:  Service Technician II at Hobart Corporation
64202524

I am a foreman on a new construction job I installed one of

Customer Question

I am a foreman on a new construction job I installed one of the xl950 communicating tstats and it won't go past the installing screen it's as if it has frozen on that particular screen I have taken it off the power base and put it back on and still it freezes at that screen is there a different reset approach for this tstat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

Hello, there are many variables potentially here..

What zone panel is used?

Are you wired with the BRD?

Is the equipment as well as panel also communicating devices?

As soon as power is applied it begins searching for equipment..some zone panels need to be manually set.

And before we begin, especially with this unit, have you contacted the hvac contractor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am the foreman 4 the contractor there r no homeowners yet in the condos included are the tsat number and zone panel type they have already been initialized on start up everything all units dampers and sensors were communicating with the system they were updated to 4.01 newest update but now this is the screen that it is frozen on
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just the a/h is communicating not condenser
Expert:  Brian Horton replied 11 months ago.

Have you installed the latest Firmware update? It has solved every issue i have seen with these. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian