Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a heat pump with aux heat strips. I recently replaced

Customer Question

I have a heat pump with aux heat strips. I recently replaced my thermostat and the aux heat doesn't seem to be working. It is very cold outside right now and the outdoor heat pump is running, but it can't keep the house warm. The wiring diagram included with the thermostat is different than what is actually on the back of the unit. I'm freezing and can't figure out what to do.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Next please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service blower panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area. and include a few long shots of the furnace and duct work so I can see if any electric auxiliary heat has been installed.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there without a time limit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here are the pictures.
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

http://screencast.com/t/P5lRdk5ZF

do those tests, double verify the readings, take your time, let me know what you can discover.

we can go from there without a time limit.