Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I type slow! Bear with me while I explain ... My Ruud

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****, I'm Vicki and I type slow! Bear with me while I explain ... My Ruud furnace is blowing cold air. As soon as I turn it on, it instantly starts blowing cold air. There is no delay at all. Doesn't try to ignite. Any ideas as to what the problem could be. Can't afford a repair man right now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: See explanation prior to your last question
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Like 10 mins?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

I will need to gather some more information before I can answer your question(s). Please provide all information I ask for as I am not on site and you, essentially, become my "eyes and ears". In some cases, I may require some readings such as voltage before I can provide you with a satisfactory answer. If you are not equipped to perform these tests, the ability to work through to a solution may not be possible. We always recommend all work be performed by a licensed professional. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are done and you have your answer(s).

Can you give me full model number, please? This will be found inside the top door on a tag. Also, not if when you turn it on, there is an LED flash code. This will be seen usually down by the furnace board through a small window. If it is flashing, need you to count the number of flashes.