Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

5a fuse blows on heat only.....works fine in AC mode
,

Customer Question

Customer: 5a fuse blows on heat only.....works fine in AC mode
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Condo unit...Armstrong Air Ultra V Tech 80 unit
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure..but how does payment work? before or after troubleshooting?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Try taking all the thermostat wires off at the board (after marking their locations), and run a jumper wire from R to W at the board, then power back up. See if fuse still blows.