Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm ***** ***** and my question is regarding my 355MAV. I'm

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** ***** and my question is regarding my Bryant 355MAV. I'm having a condensate issue
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is mounted in the horizontal-right position, it was improperly connected when we purchased the home. After calling out two service techs, and continuing to have the same issue, I don't know what to do. A bucket placed under the blower cavity continues to fill up in about 3 days.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I am fine with the fee and the wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I can post a link to the install manual which shows diagrams of the proper condensate tubing routing for various positions. It's too complicated to try to explain here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already have the installation manual and have reviewed it. HVAC tech that was at our home validated the run and it is plumbed as per the horizontal-right diagram.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Then I don't know what I can add from here. I also have to assume the drain and drain tubing are not blocked. I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues maybe one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

If its plumbed correctly, then the pan is leaking, or the unit so far out of level that the pan is overflowing on the end furthest from the drain.

A competent technician would have removed the coil access cover and inspected for that... if he didn't you certainly could.

Let me know what you find, we can go from there without a time limit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I asked about opening the coil and looking at the pan but the tech said no because the only thing currently running is the gas furnace. This is a 90i Plus gas model. I would be more than happy to open it and see what can be done??
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** was correct in that case, I had only the *cooling coil condensate* issue in mind, not the condensate drain on a condensing furnace.

http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1009/public/0b/sm05-4.pdf

see page 42, send me a photo of that area please so i can see both condensate drains and the related piping. I may need to see a few photos of the same area with the service panel removed from the area over the furnace condensate drain as well...

We can go from there.