Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Furnace AirEase GUKK075D14 sometimes does not start when the

Customer Question

Hello Matthew, my name is Milan.
Furnace AirEase GUKK075D14 sometimes does not start when the Controller is calling for it (HEAT ON).When 120V AC power is flipped OFF/ON furnace will start and running OK. I was told by HVAC Technician this problem might be caused by Smart valve (Honeywell SV9520 ) and suggested to replace whole furnace (total cost $ 4600) My furnace is 15 years old.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, if you shop around extensively you can probably get the furnace replaced for $3,500 or less.

The problem may or may not be with the smart valve, it will take me an hour or a lot longer to step you through a diagnosis. You will need a multi meter for that.

Let me know if you are interested in that, I will submit a $40 'additional service' offer in that case.