Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Reznor suspended propane heater. I think it is 250K

Customer Question

I have a Reznor suspended propane heater. I think it is 250K BTU's. It works fine in warm weather. When the temperature dips to the teens and below it will not fire. The exhaust fan runs as normal but it never goes to the next level when the circulating fan should start and the burner fires.I checked the thermostat and the pneumatic switch which is part of the exhaust fan circuitry.I think the unit is at least 15-20 years old.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

It may be a pressure switch problem, if so equipped. What model heater is this and which ignition control is it using?