Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a burnham boiler NI7 that the pilot light keeps going

Customer Question

I have a burnham boiler NI7 that the pilot light keeps going out every few hours
When we lit it, it seems to work normal and then the pilot light goes out at various intervals
We changed the thermocouple with no avail
Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you have a string pilot flame? If not cleaning the pilot burner orifice will help. You do this by disassembling the pilot burner and passing a tiny wire (the hole is ~.010”) through the pilot orifice hole. You must do this even if you can see daylight through the hole. The pilot orifice is typically a small thimble shaped object that will either come out of the pilot burner when you remove the tubing at the pilot burner or it will stay in the pilot burner.