Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a problem with my AC unit, the power led is stay min

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a problem with my AC unit, the green power led is stay for 10 min and then begin to flash 4 times and turn off itself. After that led keep blinking 4 times on the power green led. Thank you for all help you can spare me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what else you will like to know... It start good and the compressor start and everything is normal, but passing around 10 min this light start flashing and it goes off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

What is the make and full model number? Check on the unit and see if it gives a flash code "legend" that tells what the 4 flash code means? This will get us started.