Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****.
, I purchased a Honeywell

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I purchased a Honeywell RTH2510B programmable thermostat.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

How can I assist you with your thermostat?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a RTH2510B programmable. I connected the wires in the following sequence: Blue=O,Green=G,Yellow=Y,White=aux.Red=R.The instructions said to leave the brown wire unattached. I am getting heat on the first floor, but the second zone on the second floor is not responding. The second floor thermostat is the circular model and not programmable. Did I somehow mess up the connections? Incidentally I have not had a problem with the "slave" thermostat. Cany you help me get this system working?

I am not familiar with the zone system.I will open to other experts who may be more familiar

Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 11 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. what brand zone system do you have and what do you have for a furnace? is it Gas or a heat pump

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the zone thermostat trolAtemp by Honeywell.I have a gas furnace which is a Rheem.

ok and it was the master thermostat that you replaced correct. also do you have a selector switch for heat and cooling and do you have the model number of the zone pannel.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the assist. I have solved my issue and have processed a refund through Just answer.