Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a goodman GMPN100-4 Rev Furnace. I'm having a strange

Customer Question

Customer: I have a goodman GMPN100-4 Rev B Furnace. I'm having a strange problem with it. It seems to not be sensing the temperature in the house correctly. I've tried it with two different thermostats and it doesn't seem to make any difference. It will turn on occasionally and when it does it works fine, but when it shuts off, it won't come on again for a long time. So the temperature in the house never stays anywhere near as warm as it is supposed to.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It just doesn't seem to be understanding the signal from the thermostats.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Since you have tried different thermostats issue may be within furnace.When thermostat is calling for heat but furnace not on, look in bottom panel to see if we have an error light flashing on control board.