Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heat is not working anything I can do?

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Four flashes is usually a limit switch open.Lets start by looking above burners for a little switch with 2 wires and a reset button in between them.Push those buttons in to see if they will reset. We will go from here

http://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I even open it to get to the switches
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it opened but where are the switches located
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

These switches will be just above or beside burners, If you can give me furnace model off of label inside I can be more specific on location.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fg6ra060c-12a
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me grab a manual

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Rollout or rollouts will be jut above your burners. See link below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is not a way I can get to it. It is covered
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK lets do this. Turn power off to furnace and back on to reset board.Looking at the manual for this model, may be a different issue. 4 flashes is ignition failure. After turning power off and back on to furnace, turn thermostat to call for heat and tell me how far in this sequence it goes .

Inducer vent motor comes on

Pressure switch closes

Igniter lights

Burners ignite

Main circulating blower comes on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I've done that it came on. The light is steady on no blinking how long should it take to start warming up. Or is there something else I need to do?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If burners and blower are all on lets give it a few minutes to see if it is going to stay on or go back out.If it does go off before thermostat satisfies, recheck the error code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 blinks again
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK since I now have your furnace model I can see the blink code implies ignition failure, Diagnostic chart says to check furnace ground. Lets make sure ground wire is secure to furnace first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Just check wiring connections and make sure ground has not come loose. This really would be rare though. Lets do something else as soon as you take a quick look at wiring.

Lets remove and clean the flame sensor. It will be a small steel rod sticking in front of burner with a single wire attached.It can be cleaned with fine sand paper or a dollar bill. See links below for what it looks like and location.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Not are still with me or not.I am about to leave for the evening but will check back in the morning on this.