Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heat is not working anything I can do?

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Four flashes is usually a limit switch open.Lets start by looking above burners for a little switch with 2 wires and a reset button in between them.Push those buttons in to see if they will reset. We will go from here

http://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I even open it to get to the switches
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have it opened but where are the switches located

These switches will be just above or beside burners, If you can give me furnace model off of label inside I can be more specific on location.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fg6ra060c-12a

Let me grab a manual

Rollout or rollouts will be jut above your burners. See link below

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is not a way I can get to it. It is covered

OK lets do this. Turn power off to furnace and back on to reset board.Looking at the manual for this model, may be a different issue. 4 flashes is ignition failure. After turning power off and back on to furnace, turn thermostat to call for heat and tell me how far in this sequence it goes .

Inducer vent motor comes on

Pressure switch closes

Igniter lights

Burners ignite

Main circulating blower comes on

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK I've done that it came on. The light is steady on no blinking how long should it take to start warming up. Or is there something else I need to do?

If burners and blower are all on lets give it a few minutes to see if it is going to stay on or go back out.If it does go off before thermostat satisfies, recheck the error code.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
4 blinks again

OK since I now have your furnace model I can see the blink code implies ignition failure, Diagnostic chart says to check furnace ground. Lets make sure ground wire is secure to furnace first.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I do that?

Just check wiring connections and make sure ground has not come loose. This really would be rare though. Lets do something else as soon as you take a quick look at wiring.

Lets remove and clean the flame sensor. It will be a small steel rod sticking in front of burner with a single wire attached.It can be cleaned with fine sand paper or a dollar bill. See links below for what it looks like and location.

Not are still with me or not.I am about to leave for the evening but will check back in the morning on this.