Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Im not a hvac tech, but i like to learn a lot of things, but

Customer Question

Im not a hvac tech, but i like to learn a lot of things, but could a recovery machine be used as a vacuum before refilling the system? does a recovery machine go into a deep enough vacuum?
thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

To answer your question, no, a recovery machine is designed to move refrigerant, not pull a vacuum. It would not be able to perform this function. You will need a vacuum pump for this purpose.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.