Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Carrier Model 58MCB120 11120. It stoppoed

Customer Question

We have a Carrier Model 58MCB120 11120. It stoppoed producing heat this morning. The red flasher reads: three flashes then a pause then three flashes. Please let me know what is wrong?
Our Model is a 58MCB120 11120
SN 3107A00073 7A432-30
This morning it stopped producing heat (has gas but will not fire). The trouble light is flashing the following sequence: 3 stead flashes, then a pause, then three more steady flashes then a pause...over and over.
We cannot identify the problem...Perhaps the igniter?:
if so, where and how can we get one? I have an HVAC technician on staff ready to perform the repair. I appreciate your urgent help...It's Cold!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

The 33 error means a limit has opened. We must determine which one and if limit is bad or there is a problem that made it open.Do you know where the limits are on furnace?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Below is a photo of our furnace guts...Can you direct us?

View of furnace electronic & blower guts

Here is one limit with arrow point to it. Remove wires and connect them together to see if error code will go away. Then if not step back and take a picture of burner area and I will point out rollout limts.