airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Ok I have an honey well th311od1008 thermostat the room temp

Customer Question

Ok I have an honey well th311od1008 thermostat the room temp readout constantly 75 degrees when it actually colder than that plus I tried to adjust the level on heat and it goes bananas im just wondering do have to replace thermostat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like thermostat ay have taken a power surge and will have to be replaced.

There is one trick I have seen work to reset these digital thermostats that works sometimes. That is to remove batteries and install them backwards for 5 seconds, Then remove and install properly,If this does not reset the little computer board in the thermostat you will need to replace the thermostat.

Note: Occasionally , this will not work and will even cause thermostat to start smoking.If so simply remove batteries.If thermostat is not working already, it is worthless anyway, so no harm done .I have seen it work about 20 per cent of the time. So if that is something you are comfortable doing would try it.Could save you having to buy another thermostat.Otherwise, just go ahead and replace it.