Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Weathermaker 8000 furnace not firing up. Ignitor switch is

Customer Question

Customer: weathermaker 8000 furnace not firing up. Ignitor switch is glowing. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a weather maker 8000 furnace and it is blowing unheated air. Fan is blowing. Removed door panels and held switch down. The ignitor switch is glowing, but the unit won't fire up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Check at gas valve to see if we are getting 24 volts to valve when igniter glows.