Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

, Yes, the upstairs forced air is not blowing any air.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, the upstairs forced air is not blowing any air. The tool a- temp thermostat is below the set point and not turning on. I played with all the controls and nothing has worked. Changed the batteries just in case. The damper was replaced two to three years ago. The downstairs is heating up well and I increased that temp to get some warm air upstairs. I also burning some wood to get any type of heat. Checked the return and I felt some air so that seems OK. The thermostat seems to not be responding. Checked the circuits and not a problem. So, what is my problem?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 11 months ago.

Can you get to where the damper is located and see if the green light is on,that means it open red for closed. Russ