Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

24 year old York is now not producing heat. a recent service

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. 24 year old York is now not producing heat. a recent service call replaced the ignition service control module (a few weeks ago) this was an attempt to eliminate the furnace sporadic failure to turn on and start burning gas - producing heat. This worked for a few days and then - the same company returned and told me that a new gas regulator was required. It was operating 50% of the time. Heat 50% No Heat 50%.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The focus was not on repair but on making a sales call. The unit is older and 80% efficient. The only option for a high efficiency would be to vent out the roof. Objective is to make repairs and run the furnace for the next 4 months and then scrap it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

So what is the issue you are currently experiencing and what is model on the furnace?