Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an Armstrong SHP10E36A3 heat pump and the cooling Fan

Customer Question

Customer: I have an Armstrong SHP10E36A3 heat pump and the cooling Fan continues to run when the house has reached required temp and blower shuts off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the unit is in heat mode and when the blower at the air handler shuts down the fan on the unit outside continues to run until I turn the power to it off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Lets see what we can do to solve this problem,Be right with you.

Ok I assume the compressor in outdoor unit IS going off , just the fan continues to run.Please let me know if compressor is staying on too as that will take us in a completely different direction on troubleshooting. Let's start by checking wiring to fan in outdoor unit.

Verify the following:

Black to NC on defrost board

Violet to C on capacitor

Brown to F on capacitor.

We will go from here

See below