SlTl
SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer
68915091

I have a mendota dxv-36 gas fireplace. It has a pressure

Customer Question

I have a mendota dxv-36 gas fireplace. It has a pressure activated cap underneath it that falls off after the fireplace is started, and the fireplace suddenly shuts off. I don't have a manual for it, and I can't find one anywhere. I don't understand the purpose of this cap or why it says not to attach it in any other way than the friction ring provided. It has been a couple of years since the fireplace has been used.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  SlTl replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** when reading your question I wanted to offer this that I found for your fireplace: http://mendotahearth.com/pdfs/manuals/DXV42-0806.pdf

See if this is the correct manual. If not, here are a few more suggestions: https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=mendota+dxv-36+gas+fireplace+owners+manual&oq=mendota+dxv-36+gas+fireplace+owners+manual&gs_l=hp.3...7576.17945.0.19463.17.17.0.0.0.0.130.1802.4j13.17.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..11.6.648.0.FVHFu3PKp6c

Let me know if any of these are correct and worked for you.

If you feel I addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

By providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Thank you.