Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Where is the filter located on a Rheem Imperial Drum 90?

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's usually in the blower compartment or a filter rack where the return duct connect to the furnace. If yours isn't there then we'll have to check out a few other possibilities

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Per haps the previous owners did not put one in... where else in the cabinet could a filter potentially go?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

No where else in the cabinet. The only other likely option is in the return filter grill but only if you have 1 common return grill for the entire place not returns in the rooms. If this is a down flow sometimes they are on top of the unit but still in the blower compartment. Some have them in the floor of the blower compartment if the return comes up through the floor.