Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have an old, simple, digital Honeywell thermostat that

Customer Question

I have an old, simple, digital Honeywell thermostat that doesn't use replaceable batteries. Set it on AC or heat, and then use the up-and-down buttons to set the temperature. The problem is that the up-and-down buttons are finicky. Sometimes they work fine; other times I have to push on them for up to several minutes before the setting starts changing. Any ideas, or is the thing just worn out? It's about 15 years old.
Dave Tubbesing ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the buttons are finicky and given its age I'd recommend you get a new thermostat. There's nothing you can do to fix the one you have