Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Having trouble with my thermostat to the furnace
,

Customer Question

Customer: having trouble with my thermostat to the furnace
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure. one sec
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. I'll ask the question. YOu can tell me if you think it can be answered
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My thermostat is a wireless Honeywell unit. the controller says no signal. the device at the furnace... THM5320R seems to have no power. It has been working well for several yearsI had multiple power outages over the past couple of days... from a wind storm
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it actually works intermittingly.... mostly doesn't work.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
for example.... just started working!
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An intermittent issue could be a faulty thermostat or an intermittent dead short (break) in the thermostat wiring. You can check the next time it doesn't work by connecting the leads on the thermostat's R & W together. If it fires up then the thermostat is the problem. If it doesn't then the thermostat wire probably has a break between the thermostat and the furnace