Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Our Noritz model N-069m-1 just quit working. No water at all

Customer Question

Our Noritz model N-069m-1 just quit working. No water at all comes from the hot water faucet. I don't here it firing up. Also since new we have always had the problem of the water getting hotter then colder. This happens frequently but not 100% of the time. Thank you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thin to check is the filter screen on the cold water inlet connection at the base of the heater. It's a cap on the side that you unscrew. Turn the water off first and have a bucket handy since you will get some water coming out of that connection. It may even be under pressure since you have no flow now. Once you have it out clean the screen then put it back and see if you have any flow

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Rick, I will try this in about an hour. Little kids still sleeping in attic access room.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

OK

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Rick , I could not locate any type of filter, but when I checked the supply for pressure no water comes out that cap. It acts like a frozen pipe. The water stop midway through a shower. We never had this issue before and the cold water still works in Ann the faucets and shower.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

The screen is inside that fitting where you removed the cap. Is it real cold where you are? cold enough for a pipe to freeze?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is currently 37 and it has been warmer since this problem occurred a few days ago. How do I access that filter?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Needle nose pliers or a thin screw driver to pry it out.

Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

The screen is cylindrical and fills the outside of the cylinder the cap screwed onto

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not able to locate any type of filter. I'll just call a repairman. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome