BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Neal, We have a Honeywell HZ311 and only use two zone. Zone

Customer Question

Hey Neal,
We have a Honeywell HZ311 and only use two zone. Zone 1 & 2 are green while zone 3 and Heat are red. The furnace stats are set to 70, as of the last two weeks throughout the day the furnace just doesn't kick on for several hours so it will get down to the low 60's in the house. The furnace will randomly respond and kick on and off constantly for an hour or so, not really seeming to produce any heat. Then a few hours later the furnace will respond just fine, heat the house up real nice and then we'll forget it wasnt working, until it gets cold again. Any thoughts? I often reset the 24 switch in the furnace room to see if that will help but that usually just make the furnace go into purge and it turns off and on constantly for about an hour for periods of 10 seconds to 2 minutes .
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the holiday delay.

Do you still need assistance?