Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Trane XV90 furnace. My thermostat is calling and

Customer Question

Hello -I have a Trane XV90 furnace. My thermostat is calling for heat and the furnace starts to blow, but only cold air comes out. The warning lights on the furnace all seem fine (21 red blinks followed by a single green blink). Can someone help trouble shoot this? Thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi! The model number is: TDY100R9V4W5
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just looked at our propane tank outside. The gauge says we only have 5% remaining in the tank. I'm guessing this is it, but why would the gas burners and hot water still be working?

Let me see if I have a manual. The 21 blinks is normally just telling us blower is moving 2100 cfms of air).

Water heater not require near the gas the furnace will, Do burners seem to be as forceful as normal?

OK got the manual. Now the status light (shown in my manual as RED) should blink between 2 and 10 flashes

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yeah, the burners seem as forceful as usual. No signs of air in the burners gas line.

Please verify if these are the lights you are referring to and number of blinks on each