airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Rodgers model 1F85-0422 been showing "Program On + 2" hours

Customer Question

White Rodgers model 1F85-0422 been showing "Program On + 2" for 5 hours now and heater won't turn on. I have reset thermostat and the heater.
??
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

If you remove R and W wires at thermostat and touch he wires together will heat come on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Over my head, I 'm not pulling any wires

I understand. Try this.Press UP or Down and and HOLD button at same time and see if you can can adjust temp and get furnace to come on.

Another thing we can try is to turn the power switch or breaker to furnace off, remove batteries for 2 minutes while power is off to furnace.Then re install batteries and turn power switch or breaker to furnace back on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You did not solve my problem. The furnace repair man arrived later and found the problem was with the furnace.
You were not wrong but I don't think I'll spend $37 again
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

I understand. We would have figured this out, but you did not feel comfortable troubleshooting by doing the tests we needed to do.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.