Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Sanyo CLT 155 not turn on the fax I just leaving no power

Customer Question

Sanyo CLT 155 for will not turn on the fax I just leaving no power sorry about this I am talking into it and its not exactly what I want
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

is this a phone?...........could you give me more details please on the trouble you are having

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is a sanyo tv number C lt155 for
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CLT1554 tv
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It will not turn on like it is not getting power
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

but sometimes it does turn on and works properly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not happy with this
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I have to ask that you be patient.....it could be any one of a dozen things sometimes ...........and what is right with it is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ........I am not on there and it is that much more difficult for me or anyone for that matter to diagnose what the problem could be........... so the questions I ask of you will get us to target where we can resolve the issue you are having and together we can do it ..........I don't like not helping someone and leaving loose ends.................... I really hope you will reason with that and we can get this done

Thanks for your patience

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I push the on top of the device it does absolutely nothing. I checked and it is getting power to it and that is it.I thought a new switch?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe a blown fuse or a built in safety feature from surge protector,?
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

is there anyway you could take a picture of what we are talking about and upload it here?......is it a multi-plug?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What we are taking about is a 20inch TV,flat screen (sanyo). I felt that I have been having elec.problems in my home that I should have had a surge protector, that is why I ask about a fuse in the TV.power go ALL the way to the switch and NO further
A picture would not help you unless you do not know what it looks like.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

you are quite correct without protection for your electrical units the power surges will destroy circuit boards and make the units function erratically which sounds like what kind of issues you are having with a partially working device

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello the TV is not even partially working. I only have power to the switch from the wall plug. I have carefully disassembled the unit but do not no exactly what I am looking for. I have used magnification and see no burnt spots or melted soldier on the circuit boards.there are three. I will take pictures and send them to you. If that works
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I hate to say this to you Chris but it doesn't sound like any kind of a simple fix anymore........TV repair to replace some expensive parts or a new one for what maybe 200......I think it would be something you have to decide

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Eddie, I have decided to abort this project. It is not that I could not afford to buy another TV. One of my problems is once I start I will not usually stop. I am retired from the Fire Services .To much time on my hands. Thanks again ,Chris
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

good luck bud