Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. I have a Gas fired warm air furnace

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a Gas fired warm air furnace single stage and am trying to change the thermostat. However....there is a blue wire connected to the 'c' terminal. I'm changing to a Honeywell RTH6350D thermostat. It states to disregard the "C".
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have two units (dual zoned). When I don't hook up the "C" or blue wire and turn on the power, there is nothing happening on the thermostat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Can you clarify your situation a little more for me please? You say: "When I don't hook up the "C" or blue wire and turn on the power, there is nothing happening on the thermostat", since the Honeywell RTH6350D doesn't have a C terminal, where are you hooking up the blue wire on the Honeywell thermostat? Also, did you make sure you installed the batteries correctly?

Thanks,

Brian