Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We have a lennox symitery 45 firplace, cant get a pilot,

Customer Question

Hello, we have a lennox symitery 45 firplace, cant get a pilot, replaced the pilot assembly and control mod, all we get is a spark, what else can it be?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did replace batteries behind the switchplate also
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

DO you have gas to the pilot while the pilot electrode is arcing? If you don't know disconnect the pilot tubing at the gas valve while there is an arc.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no gas when it call to light
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

If there is no gas to the pilot when you have an arc then the gas valve is suspect

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi talked with lennox, they said the green wire off the control should have 2 20 miivot when call to heat it does not meaning the control is bad but has been replaced already, thoughts?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I didn't say the control needed to be replaced I said the gas valve was suspect since you indicated you have a spark. When you have a spark that indicates that the pilot valve in the gas valve should open. You're already past the point of a control trial. Since you have a new control I have to assume you have power to the pilot valve since you have a spark.