SlTl
SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer
68915091

I have a Frigidare Split System. When turned on it always

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare Split System. When turned on it always goes to blinking with the letters PL where thr tem should be displayed.
why?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  SlTl replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you with your question. Is this a refrigerator? Or range, wall oven, dishwasher, or heat pump? Having just the model number isn't telling me what it is exactly. Also knowing where you purchased it would help too. How often are you turning it on and off?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a Heat Pump/Cooling System/Split System. Purchased at Suitherlands in Del Riop, TX.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Heat Pump/Cooling and Heating/Split System
Expert:  SlTl replied 11 months ago.

This item is interesting. Do you like it, and is it working for you?

Can you unplug this unit? Then plug it back in. Have you tried this to see if it clears the blinking PL?

I didn't see anywhere in the owners manual that specifically said what PL means, but I did find this,

"Stop the air conditioner immediately if one of the following malfunctions occur:

1. The operation indicator or other indicator flashes (5 times per second) and the

flashing does not stop by disconnecting the power and then connecting it again."

If unplugging and plugging it back in doesn't clear the flashing PL, then you need to either go into Sutherlands to see if any of them have experience with this particular item, or call the Frigidaire company (recommended), 1.***-***-****, to see what they recommend.

I would also suggest that you bookmark this owners manual for future reference in understanding the operation of your product: http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Edison/66129905600en.pdf

I found the above information on p. 25 of the owners manual, and the phone number on the last page. I hope this helps. Let me know.

If you feel I addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

By providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your answer is not any more than I already knew from reading the manual. I do not believe I owe anything for your answer!
Expert:  SlTl replied 11 months ago.

The way you started this question, "I'm unfamilar woith these things and don't know what to do," implies that you don't have an owners manual and that you haven't called the company and that you have tried nothing on your own. If in fact if this is incorrect than why wasn't this stated in the beginning when asked, "what have you tried"? Your answer was that you didn't know what to do because you were unfamiliar with your product.

Because I started from square one to get to the root of the problem spending over an hour familiarizing myself with the product in order to offer you assistance with your question. So I have just wasted 2 hrs of my time to try to help, offering you sound information to which you still haven't said you've tried. I can tell you this, by calling the company, your problem would be resolved. So, if you haven't done this and you still have the problem, then that's your own fault. We don't have a magic wand here to make all your troubles go away without any effort from you.

My apologies, but yes, I do think you do owe the money for the sound advice and time I've given to your question.

Sincerely, Susan