HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Goodman gms81155cna furnace that is having problems

Customer Question

I have a Goodman gms81155cna furnace that is having problems staying running. It is an electronic ignition. The blower will stay running and the heat sensor turns bright orange. The furnace will light and the heat sensor will slowly cool off. The furnace will stay runninv ubtil it cools off or for 5-10 seconds. Then the flame will go out abd the blower will stay running. What do i need to do to fix it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you tried to clean off the flame sensor rod with some sand paper, often that just gets dirty or corroded causing that issue. Try that and see and then let me know.

Happy New Year!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks