HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a 95 percent eff Armstrong furnace keeps shutting

Customer Question

I have a 95 percent eff Armstrong furnace keeps shutting down before it reaches temp sometimes won't turn on
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is only a year old I have cleaned the flame sensor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fan comes on the one that turns on before the flame but the gas does not light I am guessing it's a circulator fan but I don't know the name of it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the inducer fan is coming on and the unit is not lighting you may have a clogged pressure tube port, check and clean that and see if that is the issue. That is the rubber tube that runs between the inducer motor housing and pressure switch. Check the tube and the port where it connects for blockages.

Happy New Year!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks