Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My house Trane furnace is not operating properly. I replaced

Customer Question

My house Trane furnace is not operating properly. I replaced the recirculating air filters. I removed the two panels from the heater unit. The ductwork is clear. I held the panel safety switch in and the fan comes on and the igniters ignite. gas flows and ignites but then immediately shuts off. It did this three times and then the trouble indicator light blinks indicating that the furnace has exceeded its retry capabilities. The burners ignite so there must be airflow, I mean the fan is operating, then why does the gas shutoff?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

The printed circuit board is shutting the furnace off after 3 tries at ignition, there can also be many other causes.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

...........