Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Name is ***** *****. I have this Rheem:

Customer Question

Customer: Name is ***** *****. I have this Rheem: file:///Users/carljensen/Desktop/RHEEMRGPE.pdf I am getting a fault code 45
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is the unit: rheem rgpe-07eamkr278 The blower motor comes on for like 15 seconds, then shuts off with the Fault Code 45. it flashes a 46 before going to 45
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This is a draft pressure switch error (see attached pic for typical). Is the draft fan running? If not then turn the power to the furnace off wait a minute then turn it back on again. If it is running then the first thing to check is for a blocked vent. If snow is blocking the exhaust vent termination this error will display. Also check the small vacuum tubing connected to the switch. If the tubing is kinked or has water in it that will cause this error.