Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm considering purchasing a westinghouse 5000 delux model

Customer Question

Hi, i'm considering purchasing a westinghouse 5000 delux model heating & cooling unit. How old is this model & what kw rating does it have please?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Do you have an exact model? The 5000 deluxe is a series.Some were heat and cool and some were just cool

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i dont but they have advised me that is is a heat & cool unit with thermo control. And it has a Brown casing rather than the grey/white standard casings that you commonly see, if that makes any difference?

Honestly to say without knowing the exact model and making sure whether it was a heat pump window unit or an air conditioner with a heat strip there really is no way to tell.If it is heat pump, the heating will normally be about 60 per cent of the cooling capacity. So heating btus on a 5K cooling would be about 3000 btus

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay thanks anyway

You may request a refund if you would like.Leaving a negative rating does not credit you, just send back to my desk. But if I told you a concrete answer based on info provided it would just be an educated guess.