Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

How's it going I came home and second time this month it was

Customer Question

Hey how's it going
I came home and for the second time this month it was off no hot water no heat I flip the light switch that powers it and everything came on.should I Have a tune up or something? Also i've been monitoring it and it shut off and turned on within 10 minutes (175/150f)it took 18 seconds for the ignition to complete and Flame on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like an ignition problem so yes a tune up would be a good idea. It could be as simple as cleaning the flame sensor but if it hasn't been serviced in a while then cleaning the burners is also in order