Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Rheem heater pump system and I do not understand why

Customer Question

I have Rheem heater pump system and I do not understand why when start the heating cycle it is blowing a very cold air and it is not working? Could be something wrong with electrical set up? I have this problem for 10 years and I am tired for all diagnostics I received from everybody. Thank You GP
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Does outdoor unit run in heat mode and if so is air blowing inside cold like air conditioning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the outdoor it is of, inside it is setup on emergency the only way it is working, still when starting it is blowing for a few minutes cold air. Very uncomfortable and annoying.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying to get the outdoor on also as a heat pump should work or just trying to get the electric to work but not blow cold?