Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The oil line that feeds the main burner needs changed how do

Customer Question

The oil line that feeds the main burner needs changed how do I do this? Do I have to pull the burner?
This is on a Lennox 08-140-M-1 66-12
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You shouldn't need to pull the burner. The new oil line will connect to the same place as the old line. I'm not really sure what you're asking. You just run new soft copper tubing of the same size and connect it to the same place as the old line at the burner and the tank. The line will need to be protected so you can either buy coated tubing made for this purpose or fish the tubing inside flexible plastic conduit. The fitting must be flared fittings.