Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I do not want the default setting. I want to program it

Customer Question

Customer: I do not want the default setting. I want to program it for my hours. It won't take the programming, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Forgot to say - ritetemp 8022 C. It assumes I'm leaving for work at about 8:30AM and the default takes it down to 62 degrees. I'd like it at 72 until 10AM, I need it at probably 68 from 10AM until 6:00PM, then 72, then 62 for night. It won't accept the programming...or it does but makes its own decisions.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Here is the programming manual for that thermostat

http://www.ritetemp-thermostats.com/80XX/images/8022C_operation_guide.pdf

Let me know if you have any problems at programming it, and I will step you though it as needed.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished,if my answer has been polite, professional, and thorough,please locate the 'rate your expert button' and click one of the ratings .If you still need help let me know!.

Rating will not increase your charges, nor close the question, but is how I earn my living.

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the manual already but thanks. The problem is that the two arrows up and down aren't changing the temp. Well they did change it once to toggle between 62 and 70..the only two temps it recognizes. Is it ready to be thrown away?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

I am here, but I must come and go to handle the wide range of questions I get and to do research and type up the answers,

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

If the arrows used to move the temperature up and down but no longer do, try this:

1. remove the batteries and refit them but *backwards. Leave the thermostat that way for 5 minutes, then put the batteries back in the correct order, make sure they are new batteries,

2, then try it again.

If that fails, reprogram the thermostat from scratch starting with step number 1

Let me know how that goes, if that fails its time to buy a new thermostat,

You will probably need help getting the right one that is easy to wire and program, I can help you with that when the time comes,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, batteries done, waiting the 5 minutes. Nothing. All gone, no displaly nada. Guess it's done. Thanks
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

You are welcome

If you would like me to help you find a new thermostat, let me know after rating my work so far, and I will help you with that without and additional charge,