airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Freedom 80 furnace, showing 4 flashes, check and rechecked

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, Freedom 80 furnace, showing 4 flashes, check and rechecked all safety circuits. The only way it will fire is if i jump HL1 and HL).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no heat led is flashing 4 times, I checked each individual safety roll out switch temp switch etc all check good with ohm meter. I thought I had a loose connection on the burner box switch temp switch. do I need to reset?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Can you provide complete model on furnace?

There are several models within the Freedom 80 series. Most will have 2 flame rollouts, a mai limit and an auxiliary limit. Follow the yellow wire from HL0 to first one.Bypass that one and see if error code will go away. If not follow yellow wire to second, then flame rollouts, etc until you find where the break in the circuit is all the way back to HL1.

Locations should be in furnace heat exchanger vestibule, on top of burners, and blower housing. There has to be a limit or a break in that circuit somewhere since you can jump and make it work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Must be the circuit board, won't work even when jumped

If it does not worked with the circuit closed but still says limit open, that is correct.Bad board.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Definitely the board, bewildered all board connections on the plug connector, work for now, ordered new board.
Thanks

Let me know if you need further help.