Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Hydrothermal HC100C. Our pilot light is on and we

Customer Question

Hi Tim, We have a Hydrothermal HC100C. Our pilot light is on and we turned on the gas, but the furnace won't start.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

How many zones/thermostats do you have? is the motorized vent damper open? is the pump running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Rick, We have one thermostat. We turned it on (and the temperature above the current house temp) after turning on the furnace. Don't know how many zones. I am not 100% sure what the vent damper is, but the door covering the pilot light (it has a little glass look through) is down. Are you able to FaceTime, btw?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry but Facetime is not an option. I can call you but it's an additional charge. If you want a call then select that option. But we can continue here if you like. The motorized vent damper (see attached pic for typical)is on the flue/exhaust vent. The motor has a flat shaft. If the flats are horizontal the damper is closed, if the flats are vertical the damper is open.

Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

You can check if the pump is running by putting the handle of a screwdriver to your ear and the tip on the pump. If it's running you'll hear it spinning. 1 thermostat = 1 zone

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The pump is not running. I see the motorized vent damper, but don't know if it's on or how to turn it on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here you go.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I didn't say to " turn the damper on" I asked if it was open. Thanks for the pic of the feed valve but it's not related to this issue. Can you give me some pics of the boiler and the boiler controls?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are these helpful?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Any other control boxes (probably gray)? Please remove the cover on the gray control box on the front of the boiler and give me a well focused shot of the inside.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry, Rick. I had to leave the house. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome