Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Fn oes not come on we do have heat
, It is wll styole

Customer Question

Customer: fn oes not come on we do have heat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is wll styole heater the pilot lights the burner but the fan does not run. I have restarted the heater many times. Our upstirs heater has a reset switch for the fan and I got that one going by pressing the reset button but the downstairs unit is diffedrent and I can not find a fan reset switch.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sorry nit able to pay for ask do do this
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I need to know the brand and model of your heater. If you don't know then some pictures with the access cover/panel off might help. You can post pictures here by clicking ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
thanks for getting back to me.
covers are off It is Williams 40whatt BTU fan type direct vent wall furnace with standing pilot control system
I checked everywhere there is no model or serial number. I currently do hot have the ability to send a photo but should be able do do so in an hour or so. The heat works but not the fan. I do have the wiring diagram and can get a volt ohm meter and check connections with your guidance. it has a 24 volt control. I have experience with low voltage control systems but would need you to walk me through the steps
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Without a model number all I can give you is general info. In most cases this type of unit has a thermodisk that senses when the heat exchanger is hot enough so the fan won't blow cold air. So you need to trace out the power leads until you find the controller disk. It sounds like the thermodisk has failed

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

That's trace the power leads to the fan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rick
I hope we can work together today to trouble shoot the fan problem. I now have photos I can forward to you plus I also have phone number where you can call me(###) ###-####thanks
Kent
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I can call you if you like but I don't see the benefit of a call since I don't have a model or pics (yet).

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

A well focused pic of the wiring diagram would be very useful