BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

At this time my AC is out. It seems like there is two wires

Customer Question

At this time my AC is out. It seems like there is two wires that have broken off going to the a sensor. Which I believe is for overflow of water. I reset all circuit breaker's with no luck. The wiring diagram is not helping me much. I believe the wiring that I'm looking at is low-voltage and is connected to the thermostat. The thermostat that I have is a neat thermostat. Need help to correct the wiring if that's the case.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

can you post a pic of the sensor switch wires are broken off of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need more detail just let me know .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

thank you,

first..is the wire from R in air handler the one that runs to the broken water switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two wires coming from the water switch is black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two wires
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I understand...but do one of the black wires attach to the R wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the black wires attaches to a white wire. The white wire attaches to a Redwire that will lead into the wall send you a photo of the white and red wire attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The photo with my two fingers on the wire are the following. Green, yellow, white and red coming from the thermostat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This next photo is the wire going to the water switch and the wiring is white, red, blue and green. The only wired that was attached was the white wire going to the black coming directly from the water switch. The other black wire was hanging and neither the red blue or green was attached to anything.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

in this pic

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/zKzSKXOE/image.jpeg

the red and white by themselves...do they go to the water switch?..and if so you can put the red from the large cable direct to R

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

so unhook the red and white by themselves.

attach red from main cable direct to R terminal. This bypasses the water switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are the photos you requested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Four wires coming from the thermostat. First photo
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Ok...this pic

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/68rOmhwj/image.jpeg

the red wire at your middle finger....attach that red wire to R teminal where the other red is...you can remove the existing red...and replace it with the red currently attached to white.