Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I need replacement filter Trane Model TFM175BOFR03. i dont

Customer Question

I need replacement filter for my Trane Model TFM175BOFR03. i dont know which filter to buy. i have the pleated filter and want to replace it. can you help me identify the proper filter and let me know where i can purchase it.
Thanks
Joe
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello Joe, the size of the filter should be on the edge of the filter, look there first. Buy the replacement rated at 30 to 40% efficiency, if there are no dimensions, measure the filter for me and I will help you make a selection.

http://www.tampabaytrane.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2014-Trane-HVAC-Parts-Supplies-Stocking-Guide-Final.pdf

see page 37

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping that you could identify the proper filter from the model info i gave you. i am not at the residence and wanted to order the filters before i could check the equipment. could you give me the information i need?
Thanks
Joe
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Those furnaces can be fit to take a range of different filters, I could not find the manual on your particular model.

Regarding filters generally almost any filter that will fit in the space tightly will work in the furnace as long as the dimensions are the same, your furnace might even be able to accept Tranes 4" thick filter for much better performance

Its a bit like tires on a car, you can order the car with a wide range of tires, the only thing in your case that has to be the same are the dimensions.

Get me those and I will recommend a range of air filters after asking you about any allergies conditions in the house etc,

.